Sunday, January 16, 2011

Finally...Paris!

Bonjour!

This is my first official post from Paris! It's my third day here, dimanche  (or Sunday), and I figured since everything is closed I should take a short break from exploring to try to capture some initial impressions. Sunday, by the way, is the day when Paris basically shuts down. All except for the Champs Elysee, due to all of the touristy stuff. My "madame" suggested that I go on a promenade down towards the Arc du Triomphe, which is a stone's-throw from my homestay apartment, I see it everytime I go to the metro (which, granted, has only been one time so far). Some initial impressions of Paris:
  1. Lots of people smoke here. Like, a lot. Apparently it's less than before?
  2. This is really the City of Love, I have seen countless couples holding hands and kissing on the street.
  3. French people aren't really that mean if you can speak the language. If you try, they respect you.
  4. It is pretty darn cold here. I gotta prepare myself to be in a coat for like the next 3 months.
  5. Beautiful. Everything is so beautiful. You would think that even the post office is some sort of historic, important building because the architecture is so nice.
  6. The Eiffel Tower, the Louvre: both are two things that are so much more incredible in person. No photograph can do them justice
  7. Particularly in fashionable districts, Parisians dress very well. Lots of black, as you would expect. 
  8. Paris is not that huge, which is great. It's feasible that you could get around perfectly well using just the metro and your little feet!
  9. Some of the younger guys are cute here. Older ones...not so much
  10. The accent is like +10 hotness points
Anyway, I'd like to write more, but I am compelled to explore. Armed with my camera, which i just purchased from an "fnac" store here because I lost mine at home, out i got into this lovely Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. yaaay !!! you are going to have such a great time!! I look forward to the photos =)

    ReplyDelete