Sunday, February 13, 2011

Long Time, No Blog!

Long Time, No Blog!

Sorry that i've been so remiss in my blog-updating, but i've been a busy little barbou. I've finally consummated my museum-lust by going to the Musée d'Orsay on Thursday, the Lourvre on Friday, and Musée d'Orsay AGAIN on Saturday. Here are some photos of some classic pieces, and some that I thought were interesting...

*Starry night on the Seine by Van Gogh, but not THE starry night

*Van Gogh Painting of Church...pretty exciting for any "Doctor Who" fans out there..


Me in front of the Louvre!!!!


I liked how you could see the beautiful quality of the quartz in the statue



Obligatory Mona Lisa pic



bellissima

vive la révolution!
 (* =I took this at Musée d'Orsay, which doesn't allow photos. hence the weird alignment)
It's so amazing that students are allowed to go to both museums FOR FREE! I know what i'm going to do now  with my long breaks in between classes ..

On Thursday in between classes, Isabel E. and I  went to try out what was reputed to be the best mousse au chocolate in Paris at Chez René on Boulevard Saint-Germain. 
Happy Mousse




Happy Girl


 It was pretty darn good. The waitstaff was super nice as well. Well worth the 8 euro.

I've found that I have finally overcome "the Plunge"and I can fully appreciate what a wonderful opportunity it is to be 20 years old and living in Paris. Not only in Paris, but as a student at one of the best Political Science and International Relations schools in Europe. I see this city in a personal light now, not just through the eyes of a visitor. Certain landmarks have meaning to me now, because I have memories attached to them. I feel like i've grown and changed a lot through this experience, but I also feel a little bit like a ship in the ocean that has lost it's bearings. I have no way to really tell how much i've changed because I don't have any base of reference. I don't really know if it's me, or if it's "Paris"...so much more than just a city. To quote Jim, the guy from our housing agency who gave us our orientation on the first day, "Everything [in Paris] is different"

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOH MY GOD! YOU WATCH DR. WHO?!?!?!

    (this makes me very excited!)

    ReplyDelete